Ampache service, was: Re: extragear/multimedia/amarok/src

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Thu Apr 3 10:33:22 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> On 4/3/08, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen <nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  The thing about defining the difference between services and
>  >  collections I think should be done on a per case basis. All services
>  >  are collections, we just need to decide if they are complete enough to
>  >  be usable with regards to dynamic playlists and if it makes sense to
>  >  do so.
>
>  Right, and I think this is basically what Bart was saying too:
>  Deciding per case.

Yes, that was my point.
It also isn't necesairy to derive Service from something else then
Collection, code reuse needs to be encouraged. But we do need to
separate the two in our heads, and then decide if we want that
particular case presented to the user as either collection or service
(notice the lack of capitals to describe the concept).