Collection View/Playlist Ideas

Maximilian Kossick mkossick at gmx.de
Fri May 11 18:33:45 CEST 2007

On Friday 11 May 2007, Ian Monroe wrote:

> > 2) (Part 1) Collection Grouping
> > http://www.jefferai.com/amarok/collectionviewpics/collmenus1.png
>
> These buttons actually have the functionality of tabs, so they
> probably should just be tabs at the top. We could probably get it down
> to like three tabs.

I don't think using tabs is a good idea. Making the buttons toggle collection
types on/off in the same view makes more sense than using tabs imo. All
collections will have a QueryMaker implementation and it will be possible to
filter them. And I don't want to switch tabs to check if there are any songs
by Artist X on my harddisk, my ipod, or on a DAAP share that Amarok is
connected to.

But I agree that we could reduce the categories.