ditching our requirement on the multimedia directory

Dan Meltzer parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 18:03:44 CET 2007

Hey,

Its come up a few times that it would be cool if we didn't have to
depend on the multimedia directory to build Amarok.  People always
forget to update it/the cmake subdirectory, and there really isn't
much need of using it.  I've moved all of our cmake modules to
amarok/cmake/modules as a start, but I'd like opinions before possibly
changing amarok to build without the multimedia directory.  It is an
either/or thing.  We either build from multimedia/ or we don't, as far
as I can tell there is no way to support both (we set
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES relative to the source path... so they have
amarok/ in the path.. )

So are there reasons to keep it building from the multimedia directory
or should we change it?

Dan,