Center View and Music store integration

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Thu Mar 1 13:02:35 CET 2007

I do believe that there is a big difference between writing a normal plugin
and integrating an online store. The store uses Amarok directly for it's
business, generating cash with the application. Amarok is becoming a business
platform for the store company.

Another argument is maybe more palatable for you: Many users have actually
asked us if the Amarok project benefits from Magnatune sales. They *want* the
project to benefit from their purchases, this has been my experience, because
by using the shop they can buy their music, and at the same time donate to
Amarok, for the same price as if they bought the music directly. It's a
win/win situation for users and the project.

Leaving this financial argument aside, the other requirements I've listed are
also of some importance, I believe.

--
Mark