Center View and Music store integration

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Thu Mar 1 04:43:38 CET 2007

Bart Cerneels wrote:
> Now what is interesting is that, when implemented right, context and
> music stores are just themes for the Center Pane. A reminder: Themes
> control Widget that display data supplied by Scripts.
One thing I want to mention is that I think a more appropriate term is
that display data, including music stores, would be supplied by
Plugins.  I don't think we should limit ourselves to scripts, in
whatever language; I think we should also try to allow compiled C++
plugins.  For many things they are faster (and for some things, like
devices, they may be necessary).

As time permits I'm still slowly ironing out a proposal for a plugin
system that would allow discovery of plugin capabilities, and even allow
plugins to interact with each other.  Time is still short, until at
least mid-March, and I am also finishing up the colored stars code for
review (nearly there), but it is a priority since we're getting heavy
into design and I hope to have something preliminary soon that can be
ripped to shreds, more or less lovingly, by you all.

--Jeff