Styling ContextView boxes

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 23:08:57 CEST 2007

On 6/27/07, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen <admin at leinir.dk> wrote:

> Tuesday 26 June 2007 skrev Leo Franchi:
> > hey all,
> >     In the transition ContextBrowser -> ContextView we have left behind
> > (thankfully) KHTML. That also of course means that we leave behind easy
> > styling via CSS. In any case, it seems advisable to leave the custom CSS
> > behind as it would be a mess to implement in the CV (and speed is a
> major
> > win that the QGV has over the old KHTML engine). So the question
> remains:
> > what/how do we want to allow customization of text inside items in the
> > contextview?
> >
> > obviously people like to have customized applications---that is made
> > evident by the wealth of themes available on kde-look.org
> > . it would be greatly beneficial IMHO to find a balance between
> > speed/code cleanliness while letting the user have some control over
> > the general look of Amarok. after all, the CV will be front and center
> > in Amarok
> > 2.0.
> >
> > leo
>
>   Well, one thing we could consider would be using the Qt4 support for
> stylesheets... though that would allow for theming the entire application,
> have a feeling that it would appease a considerable amount of very vocal
> people regarding that part of the program. How much and how little we
> would
> wish to allow for in the context browser can be discussed, of course, but
> the
> syntax of CSS is one which is well known - we just need to keep a proper
> description file for it, so people are not confused what parts are
> themable
> and which are not :)

actually, i do not know if that is possible. i was looking through the
Qt Stylesheets page and all the stylesheets let you do is style
/widgets/---not any qobject. and QGraphicsItems are not widgets. in
fact, you
can't even put widgets on a QGV (not until Qt4.4, anyway).

so the question remains :(

leo

Leo Franchi                    angel666 at myrealbox.com
665 Channing Ave         lfranchi at gmail.com
Palo Alto                        cell: (650) 704 3680
CA, USA                        home: (650) 329 0125
Junior,
Palo Alto High School,   http://euthydemus.homelinux.net
65 Embarcadero Road,
Palo Alto,
CA, USA

GPG Key Fingerprint: 713F 1C92 11E3 4696 D067  B681 72D5 EAF0 1499 8B03
Key ID: 14998B03
Public key: http://euthydemus.homelinux.net/pub_key.txt