porting files to qt4

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Wed Jun 20 07:07:42 CEST 2007

On 6/19/07, Harry Bock <hbock at providence.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just recently started looking through the current amarok source,
> and I like how it's  looking so far :).  When compiling it, i noticed there
> was quite a bit of warnings related to qt3-support methods and whatnot,
> so I decided to go through and start porting various areas that are
> still using
> deprecated functions.
>
> I've attached a patch for tagdialog.cpp that completes the port to qt4,
> and it
> compiles just fine, but I am unable to test it (the playlist does not
> accept any
> new media files).  If someone could test it or help me fix the playlist,
> that'd be
> awesome :) I'd really like to contribute in any way possible, so if you
> have some
> random jobs for me to do, I'd be more than happy to do them ASAP.
>
> Harry

Actually there is a whole lot of work that needs to get done, as you
can imagine. We've decided to not go through and just remove
Qt3Support stuff systematically since there is so much development to
do and it makes sense to do just remove Qt3Support as one comes across
it.

But... we do actually have some pretty big tasks in front of us that
you might be able to help with. MetaBundle ( src/metabundle.h/cpp ) is
now deprecated in favor of Meta::Track ( src/meta/meta.h/cpp ).
MetaBundle is what stores the metainformation for a track, so that
touches pretty much everything.

Complicating this is that we haven't really decided what to do with
the PlaylistBrowser (which still uses Q3ListView stuff, as well as
MetaBundle).

I was thinking maybe you could help with PlaylistLoader, but it
actually has too many dependencies on PlaylistBrowser stuff (so
writing this message dissuaded me of it.)

A helpful task that probably doesn't depend too much on the rest of
Amarok would be to get the libvisual visualizations to work again.

Ian Monroe