letz delete some stuff

Seb Ruiz me at sebruiz.net
Mon Jun 18 13:40:06 CEST 2007

On 18/06/07, Harald Sitter <sitter.harald at gmail.com> wrote:
> IMHO we should clean up the trunk scripts, i.e. delete everything which
> doesn't directly influence Amarok's functionality.... so lyrc, common,
> ruby_debug, score_* and the tempaltes can stay.
>
> Everything else should either be moved to an own directory
> (scripts/supplementary maybe?) or totally removed from SVN and just uploaded
> to kde-apps, further they shouldn't be installed by default and ideally not
> be shipped with the tarball at all.

Sounds okay to move them, but i'm against moving them out of svn - I
hate having responsibility for all the code on my pc. I like to know
someone else can restore my copy if i need.

> This is mainly because of the fact that most scripts didn't get touched in
> ages and I somehow doubt their functionality with latest stable. Actually in
> general we should try to keep the script amount low, as every script would
> technically have to work properly with the version it's shipped with ->
> maintenance work.

Sounds like good practice in general. I support moving them to a new
directory or something. Maybe to
extragear/multimedia/amarok/supplementary_scripts/. (Similar to
release scripts).

Seb

http://www.sebruiz.net/