Jamendo Song ID

Harald Sitter sitter.harald at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 21:47:09 CEST 2007

Today I tried to create a proper lyrics script for Jamendo.... and I noticed
that their API is not really trivial for that kind of stuff.

Main reason: Jamendo is giving every song a special ID which is (as I
understood until now) used when doing a query for the lyrics.

Now if the ID is not known it's necessary to do about 4 HTTP queries to get it
properly... therefore I suggest to store the ID in the database when
downloading a song with Amarok, or, which would be even better in case
database nukes itself, store the ID in the file.

If we know the ID it's also possible to produce 100% correct search results
for Jamendo music, as this ID (actully it's just a continuous growing number)
is totally unique and therefore the song with ID 19973 either got lyrics, or
it didn't.

--
Harald Sitter
Amarok team        Rokymotion division     sitter.harald at gmail.com