Decision on Plasma and Amarok

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 00:38:07 CEST 2007

hey guys,

    so i think we're getting close to the time when we need to make a
decision on the future of the plasma stuff. unless it gets merged in to
trunk i'm really the only one that sees it, and that means that a) i'm the
only one working on it (which is fine, its just a slower development than it
would be otherwise) and b) i'm the only one *thinking* about it---and thats
worse, because i need more use cases and people to think of cool things to
do with it. i'm obviously for merging the plasma branch to trunk. i think it
shows promise, and once we get some nice SVGs it'll look really good as
well.

the current state is this: engine support is complete, and last.fm engine is
there ( user/recommended/system events, suggested songs, related artists ),
lyrics engine is there, as is wikipedia. applet state is much farther
 behind, mostly because i can't do graphics, and need to work out something
regarding text display. this is being worked on currently.

so what do you guys think about the future of the plasmify branch?

leo
Leo Franchi                    angel666 at myrealbox.com
4305 Charlemagne Ct         lfranchi at gmail.com
Austin                                 cell: (650) 704 3680
TX, USA                              home: (650) 329 0125