Last.fm services falling apart

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sat Jul 21 13:37:56 CEST 2007

On 7/21/07, Maximilian Kossick <mkossick at gmx.de> wrote:
> Is there a chance that we can switch to the new protocol before the 1.4.7
> release? Are the specs for the new protocol online somewhere, or do we have
> to figure it out by reading the source code of the official client?

Here's an update on the situation (Muz is a last.fm employee):

13:24 < markey> hey Muz__
13:24 < markey> Muz__: Skip is still not working
13:24 < Muz__> Morning
13:24 < markey> in last.fm streams
13:24 < Muz__> Well, I've told the person responsible, and there's
nothing more I can personally do
13:25 < markey> hmm well ok
13:25 < markey> could we switch to the new protocol?
13:25 < Muz__> More so at this hour, considering I just got out of bed
and not many others seem about on IRC
13:25 < markey> heh
13:25 < Muz__> Yeah, it'd make more sense really
13:25 < markey> is it much different?
13:25 < Muz__> Hmmm, hard for me to say, I didn't work on it. But from
glances I've seen, it's not really a 2second job heh
13:26 < maxx_k> Muz__: do you know where we can find some
documentation on the enw protocol?
13:26 < Muz__> It isn't documented :(
13:26 < Muz__> Best bet would be to reverse engineer the source code
of the client
13:26 < markey> :(
13:27 < maxx_k> ~yay
13:27 <@insanity> YAAAAAAAAAAAAY  \o/