Plasma and Amarok

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 15:32:33 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 10 July 2007, Leo Franchi wrote:
> Max is indeed correct: i already have Plasma working in the context
> view. so far, its only
> plasma--e.g
> . no applets, no management, no anything. but hey, its still plasma,
> and the architecture is there :)
>
> anyway, since applets will be first-class plugins (we'll use the
> KTrader system for applets) it makes it much easier to theme---as max
> says, a desktop theme can just include svgs for amarok and we will be
> themed too :)

wow, impressive.

So I guess the plan is to make Amarok::ContextView another formfactor
(like desktop, panel, mediacenter). Does that mean we need to expend
some enum in plasma?

Is there drag and drop support already? Some day I want to be able to
drag plasmoids out of CV to plasma.

Do we need a data engine inside of Amarok, the same process. It seems
kind of strange that the CV widgets talk to Amarok through an external
process.

Bart