GPL v3

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Sat Jul 7 22:40:05 CEST 2007

On 7/7/07, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> now that the GPL3 is released, I was wondering what our position is
> regarding its use in Amarok code.

My opinion on licenses is that they are a pain in the ass. Consistent
licensing was actually one of Shuttleworth's 13 points. I think
consistency with the rest of software world is more important then v2
vs. v3 probably. So... wait and see what others do.

I would be for a statement like "v2 or a later version as determined
by the KDE e.V. foundation." I've been licensing my code v2 since I
don't trust the FSF enough to do v2+.

Ian