FOSDEM brainstorm

Seb Ruiz me at sebruiz.net
Sun Feb 25 22:35:28 CET 2007

On 26/02/07, Maximilian Kossick <maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com> wrote:
> ContextBrowser
> Bart is very impressed by the possibilities of QGraphicsView. He proposed
> implementing the ContextBrowser with QGraphicsView/QGraphicsScene and Qt
> Stylesheets in Amarok 2. Additionally, we talked about renaming it to
> ContextView to emphasise that it is a central part of Amarok, and not just
> another browser. The content of the ContextBrowser should be generated by
> scripts, using Kross or the Qt4's QtScript if feasible. And themes are
> responsible for displaying that data. Separating the data from the view. An
> open problem is specifying the format of the data to be provided by the
> scripts.

I suggested the possiblity of using QGraphicsView for the context
browser around 6 months ago, when I was working with it heavily on my
thesis project. I began to implement a standalone prototype, but that
has lagged behind.

I'd still be very interested in giving this a shot. When trunk is a
little more stable and usable I'll give it a proper attempt.

Seb

--
http://www.sebruiz.net/