FOSDEM brainstorm

T.R.Shashwath trshash84 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 19:14:45 CET 2007

On Sunday 25 February 2007 22:14, Ian Monroe wrote:
> I disagree with this. I still use the file browser regularly, as I
> have my music organized by genre and subgenre in folders so its how I
> browse my music (as opposed to picking out an artist or album that I
> know I want, which is when I use the collection browser). I've
> actually never used it to move new songs into the collection.
>
> The file browser is why I started using Amarok in the first place. :)
> I don't think my use case is so odd.

One of my pals uses the filebrowser about 10x more than the collection
browser, because his collection's a mess of crappy tags, and he can't be
assed to fix it. I'm sure there are several people like that.

Also, it makes it easy to find things not in the collection. I know it can
just be moved into the collection, but people may not want to for various
reasons - a USB drive with some files from a friend you really don't want,
say...

Shash
--
'Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
 'That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,'