Non-windows stuff to do

Shane King kde at dontletsstart.com
Tue Dec 11 03:04:30 CET 2007

Ian Monroe wrote:
>>> Writing covers to the files has always seemed like bloat to me, I'm
>>> not so worried about the amazon license issue though.
>> It'd have to be an option, since people either love it or hate it. The
>> fact that Amarok doesn't embed cover art means I need an external tag
>> editor where I otherwise wouldn't.
>
> Why do you need stuff embedded? If its for a device then it should
> happen when stuff gets transfered.

Because I think it's the "right thing to do (tm)". It's portable across
a wide variety of programs, and means I can take my media library
anywhere and art will not be lost (eg I have a copy for home and at work
I keep in sync).

Even for those who don't like to embed due to space concerns (which I
think are overstated, but that's just me), I think there's benefit to
keeping the art in the same folder as the music files rather than in a
separate cache dir.

Shane.