Plasma + MoodBar ( my first applet )

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 03:42:12 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 29 August 2007, Mario Young wrote:
> On 8/24/07, Maximilian Kossick <mkossick at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Sending Nikolaj's e-mail to Mario too.
> >
> > Mario, you can get data for the current track from the "amarok-current"
> > dataengine (in src/context/engines/current). If you need more data from
> > the
> > engine(fx the url), please tell us.
>
> I dont think that with the "amarok-current" dataengine I can get this
> values from amarok config:
>
> AmarokConfig::showMoodbar(); <- Show the moodbar?
> AmarokConfig::moodsWithMusic(); <- .mood files with the music file
> AmarokConfig::makeMoodier(); <- Make modifer?
> AmarokConfig::alterMood(); <- Angry, Frozen, Happy.

You basically have two options:

1) Create a new moodbar data engine. this would be able to provide any info
that you require.
2) extend the current track engine to include the info that you need

I would lean towards #1 simply because its more modular and we might as well
use the flexibility of the applet/dataengine system if we have it.

leo

Leo Franchi                    leonardo.franchi at tufts.edu
210 Tilton Hall                lfranchi at gmail.com
Tufts University
Medford                        cell: (650) 704 3680
MA 02155