call for votes and sponsoring

Greg Meyer greg at gkmweb.com
Mon Aug 20 05:42:25 CEST 2007

On Sunday 19 August 2007, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> Everyone gets three votes.

> Candidates:
> # Amarok 2
I think Amarok 2 is the brand and then the release can have a code name

> # Superhero [1]
> # Supernova [2]
> # Sunrise   [3]

Personally, I think superhero is the best.  for each subrelease, you can have
a new superhero, like oggman, or flacgirl.  rocks.

> And in other news: aKademy cost us quite some money. We have to think about
> ways to get more money in to pay our expenses. I created a Wikipage for
> brainstorming at http://rokymotion.pwsp.net/wiki/Sponsoring
> If you have good ideas please add them.

roktober works because it gives a finite amount of time to raise a goal.  We
seem to get there easily enough, and as long as we told people how we spent
last years funds, we should have no problem raising a specific amount based
on our budget.  From a donation standpoint, I'm thinking people would rather
we asked for money for a small period of time rather than all year.

--
Greg