rokymotion for hardcore development stuff

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 06:49:42 CEST 2007

On 8/18/07, Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org> wrote:

> On 13/08/07, Harald Sitter <sitter.harald at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think we should differe the actual development stuff from the amarok
> wiki,
> > where only user relevant information should reside (i.e. usage howtos,
> distro
> > information, etc. In general one can think of the AKO wiki as a gigantic
> FAQ,
> > just more usable. I'm actually planing on moving everything over to
> > rokymotion, which doesn't have any value to the user, this way we can
> also
> > cut the features in the wiki skin down to a minimum, since we don't need
> > have a full featured wiki for that ... IMHO ... that thats still to be
> > thought about.
>
> I disagree, frankly i hate having everything split up. IMHO,
> everything should be on a.k.o wiki, user guides, development and
> rokymotion.
>
> Simply because the pages aren't relevant to normal users, it doesn't
> mean that they shouldn't be there. We only need to hide them from the
> main page, or create a developer portal page

I'm with  seb on this one. I have found myself looking for a page on the
amarok wiki and not being able to find it, and only after a lot of thought
do i think to check the rokymotion wiki, then i start looking again there.
IMHO it just adds confusion---where to draw the line? also, why should we
direct users from a.k.o wiki to rokymotion wiki, if they want "more
technical information"? that's just weird for the users, too.

leo

> > For future creations, please use the rokymotion wiki.
> >
> > When creating a page just use Devel/XY... e.g.
> > http://rokymotion.pwsp.net/wiki/Devel/Windows_2.0_Development_HowTo
> >
> > By using Devel/XY a link will be added at the very top of the page,
> leading
> > to /Devel which redirects to
> > http://rokymotion.pwsp.net/wiki/Category:Development. Therefore you
> should
> > add the development category to every document in /Devel/ (there is a
> nice
> > GUI at the bottom of the edit view to do this).
> >
> > Something you might consider: Mediawiki sorts alphabetically on Category
> > pages, so using meaningful names is somewhat preferable, like starting
> > Windows related pages with Windows_ so that they all get listed in a
> row.
> >
> > For login to rokymotion you already need an OpenID (e.g. your AIM
> account url
> > or one from myopenid.com) - in fact any other openid might work as well,
> just
> > those two are confirmed to work.
> >
> > --
> > Harald Sitter
> > Amarok team        Rokymotion division     Mail: harald at getamarok.com
> > amarok.kde.org     Good news everyone!     Jabber:
> apachelogger at kdetalk.net

> --
> http://www.sebruiz.net/

Leo Franchi
4305 Charlemagne Ct         lfranchi at gmail.com
Austin                                 cell: (650) 704 3680
TX, USA                              home: (650) 329 0125