Amarok Mobile

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 12:03:00 CEST 2007

Hey all,

I've been granted a Qtopia Greenphone to develop a mobile version of Amarok.
The grant program requires me to submit a working version by October
31th, so I guess I'll be busy with that in the little free time I can
find.

I'll looking for good ideas, UI concepts and mockups for Amarok Mobile
(and a better name).
So feel free to comment.

Here are my notes:
- No big database, storage space is measured in the lower GBs.
- smart/dynamic playlists can be created by Amarok Desktop, keeping
the Mobile code simple.
- Amarok Mobile will have excellent podcast support (my personal itch)
with progress saving, podcast playlists, shownotes, etc. This will be
the killer feature!
- Non dynamic Context (Cover, Lyrics, limited wiki info, etc.)
- Touch base UI, ABSOLUTELY no stylus needed.

Stecchino