Well I've been working on this..

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Fri Aug 10 04:09:25 CEST 2007

On Thursday 09 August 2007, Bart Cerneels wrote:
> This concept seems very viable to me. After all, when selecting music
> we are somewhat less interested in it's context (for music tracks at
> least). In the very least, that is not where the users (eye)focus is.
> So why not use this multi column track selection UI instead of
> PopUpDropper and let it cover the contextview. The deeper in the
> hierarchy you go the less far you have to drag to the playlistview.

Just in point of fact, allowing easy access to add tracks to the playlist was
only one of the ideas behind the PUD.  Allowing easy access to add tracks to
(other collections, burnable CDs, media devices, organizing folders, etc)
were also ideas.  I doubt with the new context view with Plasma that anything
will ever come of it, but who knows some day...

--Jeff