Fwd: Well I've been working on this..

Max Howell maxim.howell at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 9 01:54:47 CEST 2007

> Hi Max,
> Looks interesting. I think you'll need to explain it a bit more
> though, it confuses me a little bit.
>
> eg - i have a widescreen monitor at 1440x900 resolution, and i still
> can't fit the entire window in the horizontal plane once i've selected
> library - artists - artist - album - song - context - album cover

Well you aren't meant to, it scrolls to the left, that's what it does.

Really it's far better suited to not being maximised. I think you'll
get the idea.

> One thing that i really do like is the ui for selecting a folder to
> add to the collection. Really smooth. We should use this right now.
> Instantly.

Amusingly, I spent 5 minutes on that, and hours on the scrolling column thing.

The point I think is, everything scrolls to the left, and then the
context view will widen perhaps, then you get a similar view to how
amarok is now. one column of browser, context view, then playlist on
the right.

At least that's how I'd see amarok use it. For inara I have other plans.

Max