amarok 1.4.7 - string freeze

Harald Sitter harald at getamarok.com
Sat Aug 4 18:08:59 CEST 2007

On Saturday 04 August 2007 16:46:25 Thomas Reitelbach wrote:
> On Samstag, 4. August 2007, Harald Sitter wrote:
> > Sent the mail with a wrong mail account, so it got stuck in the approval
> > system....
> >
> > Amarok 1.4.7 (translation in stable)
> > branches/stable/l10n/de/messages/extragear-multimedia/amarok.po for
> > example, entered today string freeze.
> >
> > Tagging is scheduled for 19 UTC on Monday.
> >

> > We also tought about making the UI more consistent in matters of
> > translation. In fact we are considering to remove translations which are
> > lower than average. For 1.4.6
> > http://aplg.kollide.net/amarok/l10n/amarok-1.4.6.html
> > that would be < 77% translated. Npw, I'd like to know your opinion on
> > this, since it might be your work that cuts off, but we actually think it
> > might be worse to use a half way translated application (since it's
> > confusing) than a translation which is not localisized at all (one has to
> > speak little english in both cases), also it looks awful to have a half
> > translated GUI.
> >
> > So, what do you think about this?
>
> *hmpf* I think this would be a good april fool's joke:
> I receive the freeze announcement on saturday and tagging is on monday? Ok,
> this is not the first time with such a short freeze.
> But then you tell us to cut off translations below a threshold???
>
> Please tell me it's a joke!
>
> Sorry, I'm a bit harsh, please forgive me. But it's always the same with
> amarok string freeze, it's really too short.

Hm, you're right, we're sorry. What a stupid idea to have a short string
freeze for yet another stable release, how can we even expect others to also
change 2 strings within 5 minutes. We are so stupid and ugly.... Unbelivable!

Maybe we should start the 2.0.0 freeze right now, after all it got even more
changed there....

BTW, the mail should have arrived earlier, but as I wrote, it got stuck in
approval system.
--
Harald Sitter
Amarok team        Rokymotion division     Mail: harald at getamarok.com