[Panel-devel] Svg::elementRect and theme configs

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 17:10:27 CEST 2007

On 8/2/07, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 31 July 2007, Leo Franchi wrote:
> > the only concern is that it was a little strange for a user,
> > installing amarok on a kdebase-less system, would have a plasmarc with
> > his amarok-specific theme selection.
>
> what does it matter? the user never sees this anyways. the only adverse
> thing
> i can think of is that someone trying to -manually- change things might
> only
> think of touching amarokrc. but then this already isn't the case since
> other
> files like kdeglobals get merged too ...
>
> so .. yes, the patch to change this does break things (e.g. krunner), as
> i've
> mentioned before, and i don't see the problem as its an implementation
> detail
> hidden from the user.
>
> additionally, keeping all these theme settings in one file allows us to
> more
> properly manage theme installation as we know where all the settings using
> the themes are located.

ok, i completely see your point. i personally don't really have any issues with
storing the info in plasmarc, so IMHO its fine for now. my amarok colleagues
seem to be differing in this respect though.

Leo Franchi                    angel666 at myrealbox.com
4305 Charlemagne Ct         lfranchi at gmail.com
Austin                                 cell: (650) 704 3680
TX, USA                              home: (650) 329 0125