[akademy-participant] Fwd: suggestions for next year event

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Aug 15 21:50:03 CEST 2008

On Friday 15 August 2008, Teo Mrnjavac wrote:
> On 8/14/08, Agustín Benito Bethencourt <toscalix at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >  before finishing this year's event, I would like you to send me all
> >  suggestions you can have for next year's event to my e-mail before you
> > forget them :)
> >
> >  We will set a special wiki page for this, but until then, you can send
> > them directly to me.
> >
> >  One that has been really popular is to stablish a parallel schedule for
> >  wifes/husbands & kids.
> >
> >  Bye
>
> A schedule for girlfriends would be most appreciated, there's no fun
> in staying in the hostel.  This schedule could have less technical
> talks, brainstormings to get opinions from the "typical user" and
> generic entertainment.

I guess a significant share of our partners are heavy KDE users and probably
also (at least moral) supporters, so maybe it would be really a good chance
to offer them ways how to contribute with non-programming tasks:
-doing usability test
-invite them to help with organization of events
-quick start in translating, documentation, icons
-probably a lot more

At akademy you really get such a strong feeling of community that I think
everybody attending will feel part of the community afterwards.

Alex