plasma-active for Debian

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Fri Feb 27 22:02:23 UTC 2015

Hi
> I'm trying to figure out what would be involved in getting plasma-active
> packaged for, and included in, Debian.  plasma-active used to be in Ubuntu
> but was apparently removed because of the dependency on nepomunk.  Debian
> people have told me to find out if this dependency has been reworked to
> things replacing nepomunk.  I'm also wondering if anyone here is connected
> with the existing packaging efforts that existed for Ubuntu, or has (even
> a local) debianization going.
Don't go this road... After my pointless discussion with the Debian people
back then I finally decided to move over to openSUSE, Fedora and MerProject for
having plasma-active, since the Debian people are the definition of
incooperative and stubborn.
I suppose plasma-active on Debian will never happen, just because it's Debian.
Just use Mer-Project. Mer is the only distro where multitouch gestures are
working as well...

Cheers
--
David Lanzendörfer