Discourse categories and active-client

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Sep 17 10:50:43 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:36:58 Giorgos Tsiapaliokas wrote:
> I think that the best place for DiscourseCategoryJob is the AssetOperations
> class and

agreed.

> of libbodega would be able to take the info from a method like
> AssetOperations::discourseCategory()

a model should be enough.

> and for the QML users we will add a
> AssetOperations::discourseCategoryModel().

a model makes sense. but do not use “discourse” anywhere in the API. use
“forum” or another neutral word.

i keep saying that bodega using discourse is an implementation detail that
should not leak to users of bodega. and i mean it. just think:

* what happens if we replace discourse with something else in the future?
* why should the client ever even care that it is discourse running the
forums?