Discourse categories and active-client

Giorgos Tsiapaliokas terietor at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 09:36:58 UTC 2013

Hello,

one more thing in the TODO list is to add some basic
support for the discourse in the active-client. The goal
is to retrieve all the topics for each category and the first
post of each topic. So we need two requests like
* http://localhost:3000/category/Forum%20for%20Poker17.json
*
http://localhost:3000/t/in-this-forum-you-can-contact-the-author-of-poker17/26.json

I was thinking to create one new job class(DiscourseCategoryJob) which will
contain those two requests
and to keep this class private. We need the AssetJob finished in order to
start
the discourse requests because the AssetJob contains the url of the
category of the asset.
So we can't add any discourse related API to the session class and I don't
think that it makes
sense, from an API pov discourse is an asset specific thing so it should
stay with the asset.
I think that the best place for DiscourseCategoryJob is the AssetOperations
class and
that's why I proposed one job instead of two in order to keep
AssetOperations clean. The c++ users
of libbodega would be able to take the info from a method like
AssetOperations::discourseCategory()
and for the QML users we will add a
AssetOperations::discourseCategoryModel().

What do you think?

--
Giorgos Tsiapaliokas (terietor)

terietor.org