Install TimeKeeper plasmoid on PA

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 18:43:27 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Bogdan Cristea <cristeab at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just found that plasmoids can be installed on PA, but there is still
> little support for plasmoids found on kde-apps.org. I am interested
> especially in this one
>
> http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Time+Keeper?content=159345
>
> is there a way to install it on PA or have it included by default ?
>
> Also, this feature should be better advertised an provide an option to
> install directly from kde-apps.org plasmoids (as it is available on KDE)
>
> regards
> Bogdan

I'm delighted that you're experimenting with the cool Plasma stuff. It
would be mighty fine if the project could attract a bunch of people
who want to push the limits of Plasma Active.

By the way, TimeKeeper is one of my favorites. It just doesn't work
quite right for my desktop.

Seems like the best way to get Plasma widget installation in place is
to document it on the wiki. For example, I'm curious about what you
have discovered about installing plasmoids. With some of the
information in place, other people could jump in on moving it forward.
Depending on the core devs to do this probably means that it won't get
done any time soon.

We really need to make PA attractive to developers of all skill
levels. The wiki is the best place to gather the information necessary
to allow that to happen.

Carl