PA4 stable issues

Bogdan Cristea cristeab at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 16:16:11 UTC 2013

On 09/03/2013 05:35 PM, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On 03.09.2013 16:35, Bogdan Cristea wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Eventually I have been able to install PA4 stable image
>> (plasma-active-i586-stable-2013-08-29.iso), the development image
>> installs but does not boot. It seems to me that there are different
>> kernel command line arguments.
>>
>> However, while the general look is clean and stable, I have find the
>> following issues:
>>
>> - Active Okular: there is still an issue when changing pages (different
>> page width)
>
> Yes, that's a rather ugly bug, but wasn't deemed a release blocker. I
> hope somebody will find a fix for it during the next dev cycle.
>
>> - Add-Ons: when one selects an item from the right-most list, the view
>> should automatically scroll to the left in order to show the right-most
>> panel (which allows to download and view the book)
>
> Indeed it should. I hadn't noticed that bug. Could you file a bug
> report, please? Probably not a release blocker either, though, since
> you can scroll manually.
>
>> - owncloud client can be installed, but I was unable to start the
>> client. Not sure how this client works, but I was expecting to see an
>> icon on the main panel that allows to display a GUI.
>
> Others reported that they could use the client. Don't know what went
> wrong on your system...
>
>> I am also wondering what is the status of the Application Store for PA ?
>> Are there plans to provide something similar to KDEs Install Widgets
>> interface from kdeapps.org (and have a PA-dedicated section there) ?
>
> According to Marco, the current Add Ons store should theoretically be
> able to handle applications. That category just has not been
> introduced yet. I feel a bit uneasy that we haven't had the chance to
> test whether it really works before release, but even if it doesn't we
> can still push an update to the stable repos once apps are available
> server-side.
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas

Hi

I am interested in this feature of providing PA applications. How the
applications can be made available server side ? Currently I have setup
a repository on https://build.merproject.org/ and I add with zypper this
repo in order to install my application (TabletReader). For Active
Okular I do believe that in the current form is difficult to use as a
reader on PA.

regards
Bogdan