PA4 stable issues

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Sep 3 15:35:23 UTC 2013

On 03.09.2013 16:35, Bogdan Cristea wrote:
> Hi
>
> Eventually I have been able to install PA4 stable image
> (plasma-active-i586-stable-2013-08-29.iso), the development image
> installs but does not boot. It seems to me that there are different
> kernel command line arguments.
>
> However, while the general look is clean and stable, I have find the
> following issues:
>
> - Active Okular: there is still an issue when changing pages (different
> page width)

Yes, that's a rather ugly bug, but wasn't deemed a release blocker. I
hope somebody will find a fix for it during the next dev cycle.

> - Add-Ons: when one selects an item from the right-most list, the view
> should automatically scroll to the left in order to show the right-most
> panel (which allows to download and view the book)

Indeed it should. I hadn't noticed that bug. Could you file a bug
report, please? Probably not a release blocker either, though, since you
can scroll manually.

> - owncloud client can be installed, but I was unable to start the
> client. Not sure how this client works, but I was expecting to see an
> icon on the main panel that allows to display a GUI.

Others reported that they could use the client. Don't know what went
wrong on your system...

> I am also wondering what is the status of the Application Store for PA ?
> Are there plans to provide something similar to KDEs Install Widgets
> interface from kdeapps.org (and have a PA-dedicated section there) ?

According to Marco, the current Add Ons store should theoretically be
able to handle applications. That category just has not been introduced
yet. I feel a bit uneasy that we haven't had the chance to test whether
it really works before release, but even if it doesn't we can still push
an update to the stable repos once apps are available server-side.

Cheers,
Thomas