Installing PA (mer) on Nexus 7

Matthias Raives mattjraives at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 09:33:36 UTC 2013

Hello,

I recently posted this question to the Plasma Active forums (
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=211&t=117311&sid=97ffd4496f9b20f2e0cc88d6214ab8ed),
ans was told to ask here.  I've been trying to flash my Nexus 7 with Plasma
Active using this
tutorial<https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Community_Workspace/Tegra3/Nexus7/PA_installation>.
I get to the step where I flash MOSLO onto my device:

 ​
sudo fastboot -c "ro console=tty1 rootwait rootfstype=ext4" flash:raw boot
zImage-moslo initrd-moslo

My computer reports a success, but when I press the power button to boot my
Nexus 7 into MOSLO, it hangs on a screen showing the Google logo and a lock
symbol. I don't know what the screen should look like when I've
successfully booted into MOSLO, but even if this were the correct screen,
MOSLO isn't exporting the userdata partition to a USB storage device.

More information:
​  ​
I am using
​ the MOLSO 0.0.15.3 tarball from
http://files.kde.org/plasma/active/3.0/images/nexus7/
​,​ and m
y Nexus 7 is the 32GB 2013 model.

 ​(On a related note, would I be better off trying to install
Ubuntu/Kubuntu on my device and then install PA from there?)​

 ​Thank
s,

Matthias Raives