Using Bodega

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Oct 25 20:11:41 UTC 2013

On Friday, October 25, 2013 08:53:15 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> As far as i see, until now the makeplaylive bodega warehouse is only
> reachable via Plasma Active.

yes; there is a start to a web client, but right now Plasma Active Add Ons is
the only complete client.

> What is it what I see, when I enter it via my account. The warehous or a
> store?

It is a store (VIVALDI-1).

The warehouse can have multiple stores, and when you log in you tell the
warehouse which store you’d like to see. Add Ons defaults to VIVALDI-1. you
can actually change this by editing the configuration file.

> If it the warehouse, do I see stores, which have channels like books,
> wallpapers, ..., which I can enter when i click on them and which are
> organized in collections, with books for example the collections author,
> alphabet, Subject?
>
> In short, what is the hierarchy of what I see, when I log in into PA addons?

what you’re seeing is the top level channels of the VIVALDI-1 store.

currently it has:

* books -> this includes all the project gutenberg books
* apps -> all applications that are tagged with the "Plasma Active - x86”
platform tag
* widgets -> all plasma widgets
* wallpapers -> wallpapers

each of these are then organized further. books has a ‘By Author’, ‘By Title’
and ‘By Subject’ channel.

wallpapers has a set of channels like ‘Nature’, ‘Technology’, ‘Abstract’, etc.

similarly, apps and widgets have several sub-channels as well.

this is all part of the store configuration for VIVALDI-1. all content that
matches a channel’s tags appears in that store. so all wallpapers tagged with
the ‘Nature’ tag appear in Wallpers / Nature

hth