Experiences during Bodega partner experience walkthrough

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Oct 21 15:40:05 UTC 2013

On Sunday, October 20, 2013 15:49:11 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> - Mass create: Cool feature, but I couldn't get it to work.

will review that process and see what needs fixing; or documenting as the case
may be.

> - When I entered some data in the "Single Asset" form, clicked on "Mass
> create" and then back on "Single Asset", the form was empty. Not a huge deal
> because people probably only make that mistake once, but for improved error
> tolerance, at least a warning that by navigating away you lose your
> unsubmitted input would be nice

agreed; not sure how this can best be done (technically)

> Single Asset form:
> - What if I use an open source licence not contained in the license list?
> Plus, for works like books or music, I don't think "proprietary" is commonly
> used. Maybe use "Proprietary / All rights reserved" as a more generic term?

agreed; fixed.

> - A Drag & Drop feature for single files would be nice here as well, that
> old "Browse" dialog feels a bit old-fashioned once you see how well D&D
> works in Mass create

oh no, we’ve spoiled you! but, yes, i agree. i’ve added a bug report for it.

> - Clicking "Create" without selecting a type does nothing except marking the
> field with a very thin red frame which one might miss. There should be a
> message in the vein of "Please fill in all required fields" in addition to
> the marking

agreed. br created.

> - After selecting type "image" and uploading a PNG, I get the "Unrecognized
> assetType" error as well.

should be fixed.

> - The type "image" appears twice in the list, but I get the error with both
> types

Yes, resolved that duplication as well ...