bodega stores

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Nov 4 09:15:33 UTC 2013

On Sunday, November 3, 2013 20:37:18 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> Is it possible to offer  a part of the content of the VIVIALDI-1 store in my
> store? As far as I understand the construction of the bodega warehouse, it
> should be possible. If yes, how do i do it?

Absolutely; in fact, you should not think about it as “offering content of the
VIVALDI-1 store”, but “content from the warehouse”.

The warehouse has all this content .. and stores just choose which of that
content to show. So anything in VIVALDI-1 can be shown in WRomey_store as long
as they share a warehouse. (Which they do :)

So, if you wanted to add all the wallpapers, you’d simply create a top level
“Wallpaper” channel, perhaps even with the same sub-channels in the VIVALDI-1
store .. and you’d see the same content.

One thing that I want to implement (though it is not scheduled for the next
release) is channel templates so the warehouse can offer a “all the wallpapers”
definition and by adding it to your store you automatically get the wallpaper
channels populated for you, and then if you want you can customize it from
there.

It will save everyone a lot of work in the long run, I think. I actually
prototyped this for the Project Gutenberg books to see how well it would work
.. and it worked very well. I need to make it a generic feature and add it to
Bodega at some point.