repos and kickstarts for pa4

Michael Bohlender michael.bohlender at gmail.com
Mon May 20 17:26:22 UTC 2013

> > we have a new stable option for images creation.
> >
> > in the plasma-active-kickstart git repo, there is a new yaml for image
> > creation.
> >
> > so, if you do
> >
> > mer-kickstarter -e . -c releases/plasma-active-4.yaml -o
> > plasma-active-latest- ks/
> >
> > it will generate kickstarts from kde:stable:* and "fixed" releases for
> nemo
> > and mer. this will be the basis of pa4.
> >
> > also, new repositories are enabled in the image:
> > * mer-updates: it will contain bugfix updates for the base system if
> neede
> > (hopefully none)
> > * kde:apps : it will contain 3rd party apps and packages based on kde.
> being
> > enabled on pa4 new packages can land there post release and will be easy
> > installable on pa4 systems
> >
> > hopefully there will be soon images based on this kickstart

I tried to build one for the nexus 7 but I didn't get it to work. The
tegra3/common and tegra3/nexus7 had no packages so I had to change to the
"devel" repos.

The last thing I get from systemd is "[OK] Reached target Graphical
Interface." followed by  "dhd_rx_frame: net device not registered.... " but
it never starts a graphical interface.

I don't have an adapter to attach a keyboard and investigate and I lack too
much knowledge in this field so I will have to wait for someone else to
build an Image (unless there is an obvious fix for this).

> I'd suggest to start a collaborative intense testing phase as soon as the
> images are available. Everyone with a device should test hell out of it.

+ 1   count me in