repos and kickstarts for pa4

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon May 20 14:13:47 UTC 2013

On Monday 20 May 2013 14:16:55 Marco Martin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we have a new stable option for images creation.
>
> in the plasma-active-kickstart git repo, there is a new yaml for image
> creation.
>
> so, if you do
>
> mer-kickstarter -e . -c releases/plasma-active-4.yaml -o
> plasma-active-latest- ks/
>
> it will generate kickstarts from kde:stable:* and "fixed" releases for nemo
> and mer. this will be the basis of pa4.
>
> also, new repositories are enabled in the image:
> * mer-updates: it will contain bugfix updates for the base system if neede
> (hopefully none)
> * kde:apps : it will contain 3rd party apps and packages based on kde. being
> enabled on pa4 new packages can land there post release and will be easy
> installable on pa4 systems
>
> hopefully there will be soon images based on this kickstart

I'd suggest to start a collaborative intense testing phase as soon as the
images are available. Everyone with a device should test hell out of it.
A group of students has been trying out my tablet recently (they will be
conducting usability tests with it) and still found quite a few problems, and
I did not have the chance to systematically test recently.