[Kde-pim] Kontact Touch Mail - Usecases

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Mon May 20 07:07:11 UTC 2013

On Sunday, 2013-05-19, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Friday 17 May 2013 19:23:11 Michael Bohlender wrote:
> > Hello everyone
> >
> > The discussion about the initial mockups has shown that we need to agree
> > on the usecases for Kontact Touch Mail first before we continue. I
> > created a wikipage for that:
> > http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/mail#Usecases
> >
> > Feel free to  post any usecase you want to see enabled and we will
> > discuss and classify them. This is not limited to what can be done in a
> > single GSoC project. We need to be aware of everything we want to
> > support as the general interaction design will likely constrain future
> > features.
> >
> > My goal is to enable a set of core workflows that are likely to appear on
> > a mobile/tablet device while keeping the PIM suite concept and "business
> > users" in mind.  This means that I will not copy over every function of
> > the our desktop KMail but it also does not meant that the possible
> > usecases are constrained to this core set. Other workflows should be
> > possible but they might not be as elegant or prominent in the UI.
> >
> > Thanks for your participation.
> >
> > Mike
>
> Nice approach to the usecase list!
> I've added some usecases and moved some around, accordeing to my opinion
> (see history for details).
> Björn, Kevin, what's your take? Please review the wiki page as well,
> thanks!

Looks indeed good! One thing I would not count as a major use case though is
adding of a signature. At least in desktop KMail this is most often handled
implicitly by selecting a different identity and at least for me that almost
always happens automatically (configured folder specific identities or when
replying based on which of my email addresses was the recepient).

So from my personal usage changing signature is a rare, configuration change
task.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring