[Kde-pim] Kontact Touch Mail - Initial Mockup + Git Workflow

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Thu May 16 15:18:11 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, 2013-05-14, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 May 2013 20:38:00 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 20:17:25 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > > We already have an "important" - "folder", so marking as important
> > > should be done by simply dragging one or multiple mails there. The
> > > same goes for moving to trash, so these two buttons can simply be
> > > removed and the interaction is consistent with Files.
> > > Opening should be done by simple tapping, so no need for an "open"
> > > button
> >
> > I like the idea of dragging into trash or important .. we'll still need a
> > way to quickly select multiple emails, so I'd keep the checkboxes. (Long
> > pressing on each email to select would be highly annoying)
>
> Absolutely, the checkboxes should stay. However, selecting multiple mails
> via selection rectangle (as in Files) should be possible as well for
> consistency.

Just as an observation: on BB10 multi select in any list view is activated
through long-press like this:
long press shows the context menu (side bar on the right)
it contains a prominently placed multi select action
activating that closed the context menu and all simple item touched add/remove
from the multi selection.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring