[Kde-pim] Kontact Touch Mail - Initial Mockup + Git Workflow

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue May 14 19:04:24 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 14 May 2013 20:38:00 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 20:17:25 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > We already have an "important" - "folder", so marking as important should
> > be done by simply dragging one or multiple mails there. The same goes for
> > moving to trash, so these two buttons can simply be removed and the
> > interaction is consistent with Files.
> > Opening should be done by simple tapping, so no need for an "open" button
>
> I like the idea of dragging into trash or important .. we'll still need a
> way to quickly select multiple emails, so I'd keep the checkboxes. (Long
> pressing on each email to select would be highly annoying)

Absolutely, the checkboxes should stay. However, selecting multiple mails via
selection rectangle (as in Files) should be possible as well for consistency.

> > Yes. Since you're using the same pattern (Column-based navigation,
> > http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Development/ActiveHIG/ColumnViews),
> > it should look and feel similar to Add Ons. Actually, would it be possible
> > to use the actual PageRow component here? If not, why not? Our goal is to
>
> It is possible, but we won't be moving anything from Add Ons into the Plasma
> 1 QML imports. It uses PlasmaComponents.Page for this, though, so it should
> b easily reproducable.

Erm... so the example code in
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Development/ActiveHIG/ColumnViews
wouldn't work if someone tried to use it?