[Kde-pim] Kontact Touch Mail - Initial Mockup + Git Workflow

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue May 14 18:38:00 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 20:17:25 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> We already have an "important" - "folder", so marking as important should be
> done by simply dragging one or multiple mails there. The same goes for
> moving to trash, so these two buttons can simply be removed and the
> interaction is consistent with Files.
> Opening should be done by simple tapping, so no need for an "open" button

I like the idea of dragging into trash or important .. we'll still need a way
to quickly select multiple emails, so I'd keep the checkboxes. (Long pressing
on each email to select would be highly annoying)

> Yes. Since you're using the same pattern (Column-based navigation,
> http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Development/ActiveHIG/ColumnViews),
> it should look and feel similar to Add Ons. Actually, would it be possible
> to use the actual PageRow component here? If not, why not? Our goal is to

It is possible, but we won't be moving anything from Add Ons into the Plasma 1
QML imports. It uses PlasmaComponents.Page for this, though, so it should b
easily reproducable.

Other things like the inline messages were not moved over. Marco: are there
any showstopper reasons (other than: we don't want to extend the QML bindings
in 4.11) to not move the inline messages into kde-runtime for 4.11?