ktp Active packaged?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri May 3 08:40:25 UTC 2013

On Friday 03 May 2013 00:05:27 David Edmundson wrote:

> 1) Is it wanted?
>
> There are other open source QML IM clients out there already. Some
> based on the same backend as us too.
>  - meego-app-im
>  - Whatever Ubuntu are working on
>  - Peregrine

that's mostly a call of whoever will want to work on it or not,
howeveer I would rather prefer this over any of the others, since this would
be the only one that integrates correctòy with the rest of the platform, (and
some of the others don't look much alive at the moment)

> 2) Will you be deploying WebAccounts?
>
> If we use web accounts, then we don't have to port our own account
> config. It also means we can use the same authentication code we have
> on the desktop as by using Accounts-SSO we won't hit any QWidget code.
> It saves porting two large components.

yes, we definitely want to use those unified accounts on active too in the
future