New MobileComponents Time and Date Picker

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 19:53:50 UTC 2013

On Saturday 23 March 2013, Michael Bohlender wrote:
> There are some things I need work on before I consider this ready:
> # Buttons: function + larger hit area than the actual button size
> # AM / PM thing
> # smoother opacity change on current Item
>
> Usability question:
> Is it OK to blur the up/down buttons like I did? It looks odd if i don't
> but people might not recognize it as a button anymore.

the icon is right, yep

i think it looks good, but as you noted, is not super easy to tell what is
interagible or not.

as general guideline, usually is that the way to say that something is
interactive, is to look 3d is some way (while what's not should be as flat as
possible) so that makes it a bit different paradigm compared to android holo
or windows metro

so the challenge there is to make it "obvious" that is interactive without
making it too cluttered.

(for one idea i redid the theme for the old one  (in the screenshot on g+ it
still had the old theme, that's why lookid like a thumb in the eye) you can
try to give a try using that background to see if it works (it may or may not)

Aanyways, it is in a branch on git? if not, can you push it?