New MobileComponents Time and Date Picker

Michael Bohlender michael.bohlender at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 12:14:31 UTC 2013

Hey everyone,

after submitting two trivial patches in preparation for my GSOC application
I decided to try something a little bit bigger.

I started to work on a new TimePicker and DatePicker that looks flat like
the one form Android.
Here is how it looks as of now:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2wLkUtvD4v_aTZjQVNIN2M5VVk/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2wLkUtvD4v_SldHaWptNXBnTHM/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2wLkUtvD4v_Z0FuZ05wNElvVjQ/edit?usp=sharing

There are some things I need work on before I consider this ready:
# Buttons: function + larger hit area than the actual button size
# AM / PM thing
# smoother opacity change on current Item

Usability question:
Is it OK to blur the up/down buttons like I did? It looks odd if i don't
but people might not recognize it as a button anymore.

Do you like it?
If you consider this an improvement over the old one, I will finish it and
submit a patch.

Cheers Mike