What's happening in Devland?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Mar 20 12:50:19 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 21:23:01 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> Now after reading it, it seems to me like most things have been decided on
> this front and now it's basically just setting things up and then everything
> will continue as usual (unless something unforeseen happens), right?

Yes ...

Some other useful details: I'll be paying for two build servers to add to the
pool to support our needs. We will need to do some coordination work to ensure
that we are using those resources well / wisely. This will become more
important as we start to invite 3rd party application developers to join in
the fun as wel.

I expect we will need to scale those services with time, too.

So .. we will still tag on the 25th. We are currently doing some artwork
updates, pushing the final changes from integration into master, verifying
current image quality and also doing the package building migration to the new
system.

The code is effectively frozen at this point as we get things in order for the
build system migration and subsequent tagging.