New HIG draft for column-based navigation

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Mar 12 18:54:06 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,
I just wrote a draft for an HIG for our column-based navigation pattern (the
one used in Add Ons). You can find it here:
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Development/ActiveHIG/ColumnViews
I plan to use a different HIG for flat (one-level) categories because in that
case, the whole rest of the screen is dedicated to the items in each category
instead of just one column (and I assume a different component is used as
well).
Comments welcome as always!

@Marco: If there is a straightforward way (aka Plasma Component) to implement
this available, can you please put in the minimal code to implement it at the
code section (or send me the snippet and I'll put it in)?

Thanks,
Thomas