PA Virtual-Box

Andrej Vernekar andrej.vernekar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 20:53:47 UTC 2013

Hi,

Yes, the virtual keyboard still misbehaves when PA is run in VirtualBox...
I followed the advice given by Maurice in another thread and changed the
compositor:
>>Also I changed the /usr/share/kde4/config/kwinactiverc from 'Backend=OpenGL'
>>to 'Backend=XRender' to make compositing working again. I used 'vim'
>>from 'konsole'
>>for editing. Please note, do not click into the black window area
>>otherwise you will
>>get the virtual keyboard which will stuck till reboot by broken compositing.
Of course, you must first install Vi (zypper in vi).
To avoid issues with the keyboard in Konsole, I tend to switch to the text
console by using the Meta+F2 key (usually Right Ctrl+F2).
If this is not on the wiki yet, I'll add the info there.

However, the keyboard still misbehaves, but at least you can work as the
screen is no longer black. One trick does work sometimes - I switch to the
home view, click on the add item button and once I select an item (e.g.
application) the virtual keyboard is gone...

Best regards,
Andrej