log tap toolbutton

Michael Bohlender michael.bohlender at kdemail.net
Wed Jun 12 10:39:45 UTC 2013

Kontact Touch uses buttons that offer additional actions
(extensions/variants of the original one) after a long tab. Long tab
buttons also have visual indicators to distinguish them form normal
buttons. There are some cases where I could use a button like that in the
toolbar so that I don't have to clutter it with icons.

e.g.
"forward mail" -> "forward as attachment"
"new mail" -> "new mail from template"
"reply" -> "reply to list" / "reply without quoting"

I talked with Thomas  and he agreed that a component that offers this might
be useful. He also suggested an alternative method to trigger these
additional actions:  "Hold button and swipe down".

Do we need a component like that in Plasma Active?
Would it be hard to implement?

Cheers

Mike