PA4

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Jul 30 13:35:49 UTC 2013

On 30.07.2013 11:26, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday, July 29, 2013 17:49:30 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
>> On Friday 26 July 2013 19:56:06 Marco Martin wrote:
>>> Another one, usual place:
>>> http://makeplaylive.com/~notmart/plasma-active-i586.iso
>>> made from
>>> http://makeplaylive.com/~notmart/plasma-active-i586.ks
>>>
>>> as you can see from the ks there is still an home repo that patches some
>>> stuff, but this seems getting there:
>>> it's using fixed releases of mer and nemo (from june), so we should have a
>>> solid ground under out feet.
>>>
>>> the importnant thing to see if it gets consistently installed correctly on
>>> some different devices and/or vms
>>
>> I put this image onto a USB drive (via SUSE Studio Image Writer, like I
>> always do) but my Wetab won't boot from it. It does boot from the RC image
>> from July 7th, but not from this one. Maybe it doesn't contain that special
>> information that tells the Wetab that this is a recovery USB stick?
>
> Marco is back later in the week (taking a well earned break) and we’ll put out
> a final image once he’s back ... in any case, the last image actually worked
> for me here, but I don’t know if it was that latest image.

Could you (or someone else) please test the latest image on a Wetab?
That way i could be sure if it's a problem of the image or just my setup
(Wetab, USB stick, whatever) that's causing this.
Does "final image" mean "Release image" or "Last RC"? I hope it's the
latter, because there still has no proper testing been taking place.

> We have a series of “how to do releases” meetings coming up in the next couple
> of weeks, including one with the Mer people, and a focus will be to document
> the step-by-step release rolling plan .. including having a uniquely
> identifiable label on each and every image put out there for testing.

Great, this is very important stuff! Will the dates for those meeting be
posted so others can join? As quality coordinator, I might have a stake
in these topics as well.

Can we please also please have a meeting within the PA team to go over
open bugs and decide which ones should be fixed/worked around before
release, like we did last time? Thanks!