PA4

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jul 30 09:26:37 UTC 2013

On Monday, July 29, 2013 17:49:30 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Friday 26 July 2013 19:56:06 Marco Martin wrote:
> > Another one, usual place:
> > http://makeplaylive.com/~notmart/plasma-active-i586.iso
> > made from
> > http://makeplaylive.com/~notmart/plasma-active-i586.ks
> >
> > as you can see from the ks there is still an home repo that patches some
> > stuff, but this seems getting there:
> > it's using fixed releases of mer and nemo (from june), so we should have a
> > solid ground under out feet.
> >
> > the importnant thing to see if it gets consistently installed correctly on
> > some different devices and/or vms
>
> I put this image onto a USB drive (via SUSE Studio Image Writer, like I
> always do) but my Wetab won't boot from it. It does boot from the RC image
> from July 7th, but not from this one. Maybe it doesn't contain that special
> information that tells the Wetab that this is a recovery USB stick?

Marco is back later in the week (taking a well earned break) and we’ll put out
a final image once he’s back ... in any case, the last image actually worked
for me here, but I don’t know if it was that latest image.

We have a series of “how to do releases” meetings coming up in the next couple
of weeks, including one with the Mer people, and a focus will be to document
the step-by-step release rolling plan .. including having a uniquely
identifiable label on each and every image put out there for testing.